cool hit counter

Taco Bell Customer Hospitalized After Eating Rat Poison In Burrito, Police Have “Open and Active Investigation”

Rat poison was found on a Taco Bell customer’s takeout order and the man has been hospitalized according to police. The Arapahoe County Sheriff’s Office says it has an “open and active investigation” into how rat poison ended up in a man’s burrito in the Denver suburb of Aurora.

“Right now what we’re looking at is if the rat poison was actually put into his food at the restaurant. We don’t know if it was, at this point in time,” Sheriff Deputy John Bartmann said before adding the case is categorized as “criminal attempt homicide.”

Bartmann and the restaurant manager, Lary Swift, said the customer came into the restaurant around 1 p.m. Sunday. They said he argued with restaurant workers about the drink station not working and “wanted something free.”

Swift said the man is a regular customer known for causing problems with workers. Swift said the man ordered three bean burritos and was given a fourth burrito free.

Bartmann said he ate the burrito around 7 p.m. and “became violently ill” and called 911. He was taken to the hospital.

“That hospital said they had a patient who has possibly consumed rat poison in his food from the same restaurant,” said Bartmann.

Bartmann said enough rat poison was found in the burritos that “it would have been very serious to our victim’s health.”

Swift denied the allegation saying:

“We don’t carry poison in the restaurant.

“We didn’t do anything like that. It didn’t even add up. It’s ridiculous.”

Taco Bell’s corporate communications told CBS:

“The safety of customers and team members is a priority. The franchisee who owns and operates this location has informed us that they are working with local authorities in their investigation.”




Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *